Monday, November 7, 2016

Homework for Monday, November 11

Assignment: Easy Peasy Decimals - Link!
Not to cause you stress, but I am HOPEFUL that these are easy problems for you.  Remember, I do want you to rate them 5 (easy!) through 1 (not easy!) so I can know how comfortable you are with decimals in general.  Be honest ... please.  ;-)
Use the clues in the problem to determine what to do.  I like to begin by reading the sentence at the bottom of each box ... what are you solving?  Then read the information and figure out how to find that answer.
*In the "work" box, you must show what you did even if you used mental math.  For example, 16.2 + 2.2 = 18.4 shows me that you added.  If you can do that in your head, great, but I want to see that you knew to add and that you know which numbers TO add.
*And remember, as we determined today: there are disadvantages to relying on too much mental math.
Due Tuesday

Order of Operation Tests: 
Your scores are in TeacherEase now.
We will discuss your favorite retest option tomorrow.  I'm thinking either this Thursday at lunch or next Wednesday at lunch, but those of you retesting will "vote" on it.  That vote will happen on your test corrections form which we will go over in class tomorrow.
Details to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment