Monday, January 27, 2014

Homework for Monday, January 27

Assignment:  Fractions Take Home Pre-Quiz and Self-Eval
This assignment is pretty hefty, actually.  It might take you awhile, so plan accordingly!
Side One:  Please complete the first side of the worksheet whether or not you have done any of these before.  GET HELP if you need it.  I want you to find someone who can help you with all of these so you can get a feel for where we're going.  YES, you do need to answer all of the problems on the first side. For many of you, one quick reminder or lesson will be a great jump start for you.  Some of you will want a lot more practice and that's what the other side of this is for ...
Side Two:  Please complete the second side of this worksheet elaborating on your FEELINGS on these skills.  I do NOT want definitions, I want to know what you know, kind of know, and don't know.  I want to know if you use different words for these skills and realize that you can adapt quickly or if they baffle you.  This is the part where you get to express to me what you're thinking ... what do you want your pace to be for this fraction unit?  Statements like, "I had no idea what a factor was, but after Mr. Jeff explained it they seem easy!" or "I had no idea what a factor was and after Mr. Jeff explained it I realized that I am still completely lost." are perfect.
Be honest, be thorough, and be clear.
Due Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Mo! On questions 8-15, did you want us to write it as a mixed number or an improper fraction? -Caroline

    ReplyDelete