Friday, May 3, 2013

Update: Friday, May 3

I absolutely could NOT get into this blog yesterday, so I was unable to update the homework.  I will update the Finance Park page later today.

Ratios, Fractions, Decimals, Percents Test:  The harsh reality of this test is very real: either you can convert or you cannot.  Unfortunately for some of you, there is a lot of work left to do here.  These conversions are not things you can skate by on - you MUST figure them out and be consistent.  When you check TeacherEase you will notice that the test is broken into two sections, both of which will be separate retests.  Because there are only 10 problems in each section, your grade average is quickly affected, so don't be too shocked by the impact. 
Take care of what you do not know and ace it on the retest.
I will tell you this yet again:  Quizlet helps.  It does.  It's practice and it's immediate feedback.  Use it.

AND Congratulations to the two 100% in the class - Marina and Mari.  Yahoo!
Your test grades will be posted in TeacherEase this weekend; test corrections on Monday.

Finance Park Book Assignment:
Get started on your Budget Guidelines, page 94, if you can.  You may definitely use a calculator for this and round to the nearest cent!  Be sure to use your NMI as it was corrected by me on page 93 ... using the incorrect NMI is deadly to your sanity as you will have to redo the entire budget page.  Ugh.

Life Posters: should be completed at your leisure, but I would like to have them all in by Wednesday, May 8.  You do not necessarily know the "previously known as" line, but this refers to the 7th grader and 8th graders that had your life before.  If you do not know and you want to know before Monday, just comment on this post and I will get back to you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mo, I know Ken is my 7th grader, but who is my 8th grader? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete