Thursday, September 26, 2013

Homework for Thursday, Sept 26

Assignment: Slugville
(click on the title of the assignment for a copy)
This assignment requires you to identify the different central tendencies in a data set and then refigure those averages when new data is added.  They are all "averages" and they are all accurate, so how do you know which one to use?
*Make sure you do not use a calculator for this assignment.  Use the organized list they provide and add to it for question "f."  Show your work; if I do not see it, you will have to redo the entire page.
*Explain your answers.  You don't need to write me a story, but let me know the data you used and how you used it.
*Question e: When explaining why you think an income is "typical," you are going to need to explain to me the definition for "typical" that you are using.  I don't mean the one in Webster's dictionary, I mean the way you would argue the point if asked the question.  What would your reasoning be?
*Question f: Calculate and name all 3 of the changes; "they changed," is not a quality answer.
You may do your work on the sheet or on another sheet of paper.
Due Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment