Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Homework for Wednesday, Oct. 5

Assignment:  Caddell Prep ws
I made the answer key for this assignment and, believe it or not, it was fun! 
My advice is to USE THE DOTS in the dot plots when determining your answers.
I just counted the dots with a pencil and marked my quartiles, then answered the questions. 
For the first section, you can assess the appropriate dot plot using the 5 number summary of the box plot to match to the dots.
For the population sample questions, create a 5-number summary for each graph (again, I just counted dots), then match it to the 5-number summary of the box plot example. 
Read the questions carefully!  There is a lot of information in the shape of the box plot and hopefully they are making more sense to you after our practice in class today.  Still, the dots give you a literal way of checking your assumptions, so use them.
The thing about multiple choice assignments is that I will NOT allow you to redo them, so be careful the first time.
The link to this worksheet is HERE, but please note that I did not include question #10 in your homework, just 1 - 9.  Enjoy!
Due Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment