Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Homework for Wednesday, March 31

Assignment: Proportion Application ws
We did practice problems like these in class today, but it's TRICKY!
*Set up your problems in proportions (to visualize the question), then solve it in any way (the arithmetic) that you are comfortable with.  I need to see your work: no calculators.
*USE YOUR LABELS.  They will help you, I promise.
*Make sure you are answering the QUESTION.  Read the bold print because it will help you to identify the question.
*I like to list "what I know" before I make my proportion.  Often the information will come to you in ways that don't directly answer the question ... take note of that.  Sometimes they give you a value of (for example) 25% when the number you need to USE is 75% (for example) to actually answer the question.  Again, labels will help.
Bully throught it, folks, that's how you will know where you need help!
And props to Anne and Zoe for asking for help today before they went home.  ;-)
Due Thursday


No comments:

Post a Comment