Monday, January 23, 2012

Homework for (late) Monday, 1/23

So sorry for this late post, but I was with my mother at the hospital until late this evening.  So many details to take care of!  In any case, I told the students today that I would "forgive" anyone who did not understand the homework (although I may have a difficult time forgiving any parents who forgot how to simplify?!?), but then again there is no late penalty for late papers.  Students still having questions can meet with me at break tomorrow.  We really had to push through today in an effort to make some forward progress after the snow week!  Anyway ...

Assignment:  Lesson 4.3 Practice ws
*1 - 3: yes or no answers; is the fraction in simplest terms?
*4 - 9: list ANY two fractions that are equivalent to the given fraction.  Example: 1/2 = 2/4 = 50/100 = 400/800 = etc!
*10 - 15: put each fraction into simplest terms.  The greatest remaining factor should be ONE.
*16:  first list the fraction of hours spent playing the piano per day (part/whole), then simplify. 
Due Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment