Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Homework for Wednesday, April 10

Assignment:  Percents and Proportions ws
Today we practiced using proportions to solve verbal equations involving percents.  It's important that you practice and understand these as we move into using them to solve unit rates ... they are EXTREMELY useful! 
To quote David, "I just learned these yesterday and I immediately preferred them; I wish I had learned them earlier."  Remember that David majored in math in college and although he can certainly solve problems using other methods, he sees the value in this method.  David is a young 77 years old and even he can learn new tricks.  ;-D
*You MUST show how you set up the proportions on the right-hand side of the worksheet.  How you solve it from there (simplifying, cross multiplying, converting to a decimal) is up to you. 
*Still need help remembering how I set up the words with the proportion?  Click on this link and I have directions to what we discussed in class.
*Forget your worksheet?  Click on this link and you can use this version instead. 
Due Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment